Search the App Store on your phone:
Search "West Gate Bank" or "WGB Mobile" in the app store. Select install, and complete the setup.
If you sign up through Online Banking:
To enroll, log onto Online Banking and select Options (upper right). Under the Mobile Banking section, select Enroll Now and complete the form. A text message will be sent to your mobile device with instructions for logging on.
Mobile Banking allows you to:
- View account balances
- View transaction history
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills
- Receive text alerts
Any phone with text messaging capabilities can take advantage of Mobile Banking.
Yes. All you need is a phone with text messaging. You can receive account alerts and send a text to view account balance or transaction history.
SMS Text Banking messages are not encrypted and there is no application time out. If your phone or device is lost or stolen, you should deactivate the service. Unless the service is deactivated, it may be possible for another person in possession of the phone to view any text messages stored on the device, and see information such as account balances and recent history.
Yes. A personal password and phone activation code keeps your information safe.
No non-public personal data is sent to or stored on the mobile banking devices and sensitive information is not available even if someone else gains access to the device. However, you should help protect your personal information by keeping the following guidelines in mind:
- SMS Text banking uses the phone number associated with your device for authentication. If the device is lost or stolen, you should deactivate your SMS Text banking service immediately. If the service remains active, another person in possession of the phone can use your SMS Text banking service to see account balances and transaction history.
- Do not store text messages from SMS Text banking. They could be read by another person, and may contain information such as our contact SMS Text number and account nicknames that would allow another person to access your SMS Text banking.
- Do not store your Online Banking password in the device browser. Storing the password would potentially allow another person to follow the bookmark and log in. Quit out of the browser after each Online Banking session to erase session information and keep an unauthorized person from using the "back" browser function to re-enter your Online Banking.
- $10,000 check limit
- $10,000 daily transaction limit
- Deposits may take up to 3 business days to be available
- Deposit cutoff time is 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Any business done after 6:00 p.m. will be processed the next business day. Any business done after 6pm on Friday is processed as Monday's business. Please verify the deposit is not pending before trying to deposit the check again. Duplicating deposits will result in a $50 per transaction fee.
- West Gate Bank has the right to rescind this service at any time
Yes. You may use Mobile Deposit on those accounts that are linked to the Mobile Banking application. Terms listed above will apply.
No. If you are a Mobile Banking user, Mobile Deposit will automatically be available.
Once the image of your check has been received, you will see a "pending" status of the deposit on your mobile device. This simply means a good image has been captured. It does not, however, imply the deposit has been made. You will want to check your account within 72 hours to verify the deposit has been posted.
We recommend you retain the original check in a secure place until it has posted to your account. After the check posts, the check should be shredded.
Endorse the back of your check and write FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY AT WGB under your signature.
You may always bring your check to any one of our convenient branch locations and deposit it the "old fashioned" way, but here are a few tips for getting a good image:
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos
- Take the photos of your check in a well-lit area
- Place the check on a solid dark background before taking a photo of it
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking your photos
- Make sure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not blurry
- The MICR line (numbers on the bottom of the check) is readable