Mortgage Closing Specialist - 6003 Old Cheney Rd, Lincoln, NE*
Reports to: Retail Mortgage Closing Manager
Primary Job Purpose: To assist the Mortgage Loan Officer in the processing and closing of all secondary market mortgage loans.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Accurately prepare and review all loan closing documents prior to closing
- Prepare loan closing packages in accordance with Secondary Market loan approvals
- Maintain accurate closing schedules and meet closing deadlines
- Prepare Closing Disclosures for balancing with Title Companies
- Enter loan information into the servicing platform and help fund loans
- Regular work schedule. Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Job responsibilities can change and expand as needed by the bank
- Resolve any concerns, problems or documentation issues prior to closing
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all required documentation
- Print Checks or complete wire transfers as needed on each loan file
- Responsible for communicating with the loan officer and processor file requirements to produce a compliant closing package
- Assist other Mortgage departments when needed
Work Direction: This position reports to the Retail Mortgage Closing Manager.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of personally identifiable information and highly confidential/proprietary financial data of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal employees, customers and external mortgage partners. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years Secondary Mortgage experience preferred, including USDA, NIFA, FHA and VA funding.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently at a fast pace to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Navigator and Encompass computer programs, a plus.
- Basic accounting/math skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, both internally and with customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Experience with Window-based computer programs.
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603