Residential Construction Loan Officer - Omaha, NE*
Department: Commercial Lending
Reports to: Residential Construction Loan Manager
Primary Job Purpose: Responsible for identifying, acquiring, underwriting and growing existing and new lending and deposit relationships with homebuilders, realtors, and individuals within the framework of a team culture at a family owned Nebraska community bank. Responsible for all aspects of lending within a portfolio, including sales, maintenance of current bank customers, underwriting, closing, construction loan servicing (draws & inspections) and other related aspects. High priority is placed on new business development and the ability to adapt to the lending team’s best business practices and its distinct approach to all activities.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Originate residential construction loans to builders and homeowners
- Manage a portfolio of loans in accordance with bank policies and procedures
- Participate in service activities for the purposes community betterment, personal and leadership development and business networking
- Desire and ability to handle leadership roles critical to the success of the Omaha residential construction function while providing full support to manager of the Bank’s overall residential construction team.
- Relationship building/sales/business development to include Bank products outside of strictly residential construction lending, especially in the Omaha market.
- Financial analysis, approval presentations, construction and other risk monitoring and management.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned or requested
Work Direction: This position reports to the Residential Construction Loan Manager in Lincoln.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of personally identifiable information and highly confidential/proprietary financial data of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal bank employees and external customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years residential construction and real estate lending experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting (equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Experience with and demonstration of the understanding of lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation including accounting, financial statements, residential building and funding process, and cash flow analysis.
- Outstanding sales and business development skills.
- Relationship management skills adaptable to the bank’s culture for lending and personal relationships.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and business development skills.
- Self-starter with the drive to achieve measurable results and to affect enhancements.
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603