Hours of Work:
Full-Time; Daily hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
6003 Old Cheney Road, Lincoln, NE 68516
Primary Job Purpose: The Operations Specialist aids the deposit operations department and supports various operation functions within the bank. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). This is a hands-on position responsible for providing direct practical experience in certain Operations functions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists in all aspects of West Gate Bank’s operations functions including ACH, wire transfers, balancing, charge backs, bank to bank adjustments, customer adjustments, account verification and maintenance, research requests, subpoenas, garnishments, levy’s and OFAC
- Assist in daily wire processing
- Assist and perform CIP audits of new accounts
- Assist with clearing BSA transaction alerts
- Aids the operations area in several daily functions. This may include, but is not limited to, daily reports review, file maintenance and file maintenance review
- Assists in address change verification and file maintenance
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of ACH, wire transfers, Reg E and dispute processing
- Recognizes and helps resolve operational disruptions with a sense of urgency, coordinating with internal associates and escalates with vendors and management, as appropriate
- Monitor regulations that impact ACH, wire transfers, Reg E and dispute processing to determine if all policies and procedures are being adhered to and identify when new processes should be developed
- Helps develop and recommend new programs to improve efficiency, policies, operating procedures, and revision of internal standards under the direction of senior management
- Cross-training to cover other job duties for business continuity purposes. Ensures documented procedures are current as processes change
- Assists with IRA and HSA Administration
- Assist with year-end processing, tax reporting and corrections
- Interacts with Compliance and examiners to assist in Bank reviews and examinations
- Maintains knowledge and complies with all federal and state laws and regulations, and all established bank policies and procedures
- Support and assist data processing changes as it relates to our core system
- Other duties as assigned
Work Direction: This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal and external customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Affirmative Action: Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
- One to three years related experience in bank operations, ACH processes, wire transfers, Reg E and back-office operations preferred not required
- Working knowledge of bank operations including extensive knowledge and familiarity with state and federal regulations pertaining to deposit accounts and bank operations.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of payment products (ACH Payments and NACHA rules & Reg E)
- Ability to handle high volume workload, prioritize and function effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, both internally and with external customers and vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills with the ability to represent the department in a positive and professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to handle confidential information
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603