Operations Specialist - Lincoln, NE*
Job Title: Operations Specialist
Location: Lincoln, NE
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
FSLA Status: Non-exempt, Full-time*
Primary Job Purpose: The Operations Specialist aids the deposit operations department and supports various operation functions within the bank. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). This is a hands-on position responsible for providing direct practical experience in certain Operations functions.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists in all aspects of West Gate Bank’s operations functions including overdrafts, non-posts, stop payments, wire transfers, balancing, charge backs, bank to bank adjustments, customer adjustments, account verification and maintenance, research requests, subpoenas, garnishments, levy’s and OFAC.
- Support and assist data processing changes as it relates to our core system.
- Aids the operations area in several daily functions. This may include, but is not limited to, daily reports review, file maintenance and file maintenance review.
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of ACH, wire, and real-time payment processing.
- Recognizes and helps resolve operational disruptions with a sense of urgency, coordinating with internal associates and escalates with vendors and management, as appropriate.
- Monitor regulations that impact ACH, wires, and real-time payments to determine if all policies and procedures are being adhered to and identify when new processes should be developed.
- Helps develop and recommend new programs to improve efficiency, policies, operating procedures, and revision of internal standards under the direction of senior management.
- Cross-training to cover other job duties for business continuity purposes. Ensures documented procedures are current as processes change.
- Assist with year-end processing, tax reporting and corrections.
- Aids with IRA and HSA Administration.
- Interacts with Compliance and examiners to assist in Bank reviews and examinations.
- Maintains knowledge and complies with all federal and state laws and regulations, and all established bank policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Work Direction: This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal and external customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Affirmative Action: Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
- Looking for 7 to 10 years of Jack Henry Silverlake experience
- Working knowledge of bank operations including extensive knowledge and familiarity with state and federal regulations pertaining to deposit accounts and bank operations.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of payment products (ACH Payments and NACHA rules & Reg E)
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills with the ability to represent the department in a positive and professional manner.
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of people, being highly influential, collaborative, and effective.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to handle high volume workload, prioritize and function effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, both internally and with external customers and vendors.
- Ability to handle confidential information
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603