Mortgage Servicing Representative - 6003 Old Cheney Rd. Lincoln, NE*
Reports to: Mortgage Investor Reporting/Cash Manager
Primary Job Purpose: Accurately perform mortgage servicing functions related to cashiering, insurance and escrow in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met. Maintain compliance with all federal, state, government and banking rules and regulations as well as agency guidelines.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide outstanding customer service to borrowers, internal bank employees, correspondent lenders, vendors, taxing authorities and insurance companies
- Maintain quality and accurate hazard insurance data, and disburse premiums
- Assist borrowers through the Loss Claim process
- Timely and accurately process mortgage payments and payoffs
- Process payment reversals and corrections
- Open and distribute mail and sort payments for processing
- Work suspense accounts and process as needed
- Process corporate advance payments and disbursements
- Review ITM/branch payments for accuracy
- Work on special projects and perform all other duties as assigned by direct supervisor, department manager, coworker, or bank employee
- Responsible for maintaining banking and departmental policies and procedures
- Regular work schedule with a level of flexibility based on demand
Work Direction: This position reports to the Mortgage Investor Reporting/Cash Manager.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers and the financial institution. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal and external customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail required
- Basic accounting/math skills required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and function effectively to meet deadlines
- Previous banking experience helpful
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, with both internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Window-based computer programs
- Ability to handle confidential information
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603