Human Resources Assistant - 6003 Old Cheney Rd, Lincoln, NE*
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Director of Human Resources. This position provides administrative support for various Human Resources (HR) programs including recruitment, hiring, new hire paperwork, onboarding, status changes and Affirmative Action reporting. Responsibilities encompass a variety of HR functions including monthly, weekly and end of year reporting.
Schedule: Part-time position, flexible hours between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday; Average 25-28 hours per week.
- Assists with recruiting efforts by posting positions to job boards, attending career fairs/college events, ordering background checks through OneSource, and conducting reference checks
- Prepares new hire training handouts for orientation, assists in setting up new hires in Paychex, and conducts portions of orientation when required
- Responds to inquiries related to time card system, staffing changes, etc.
- Coordinates enrollment meetings for supplemental benefits and 401(k) with outside advisors
- Coordinates United Way campaign
- Complete semi-annual and annual Affirmative Action reporting logs for OutSolve
- Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role
- Assist in the organization, maintenance and updates to employee information including employee status updates, promotions, benefit changes, new hire entry, E-verify, etc.
- Foster positive employee relations and work to solve any employee issues that surface or are brought to your attention
- Ensure all employee records and documents are filed correctly into employee files and kept confidential
- Under the lead of the HR Manager, be a vital source of human resources information, answering any questions and educating employees as needed
- Support any other special projects assisting the HR Manager in preparing and coordinating documents. Examples of projects: open enrollment, performance reviews reminders, etc.
- Maintains Human Resources content on Compass (company intranet)
- Assists in recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performance
- Keep apprised of employment, benefit and payroll practices by researching state and federal employment and payroll laws and pending legislation
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Work Direction: This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers and the financial institution. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Daily contact and continuous contact with internal customers, vendors, and external customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Human Resources required
- Strong HR competence and knowledge of HR process
- Affirmative Action reporting experience preferred
- Must have strong computer skills and the ability to learn HRIS/Payroll system. Must be proficient in Microsoft products
- Excellent verbal and written communication and people skills
- Ability to deal with all internal and external customer under circumstances requiring tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Ability to follow directions accurately and ask questions without hesitation
- Ability to create an efficient work environment, paying close attention to detail. Must put a premium on accuracy of own work and reviewing work of others
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603