Mortgage Collection Administrative Clerk - 6003 Old Cheney Rd, Lincoln, NE*
Department: Mortgage Servicing
Reports to: Home Solutions Team Manager
Non-exempt, Permanent part-time*
Primary Job Purpose: Opening and distribution of customer correspondence, irregular payments. Preparing and editing both customer and vendor correspondence. This position includes interaction with customers, realtors, property preservation vendors, attorneys and staff to complete work. Preparation of various reports to investors, insurers for management review and approval. Follow department policies and procedures to maintain compliance with regulatory rules and regulations as well as agency guidelines.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer inbound phones for customer questions regarding their mortgage loan. Route calls to appropriate collector or answer routine calls within delegated scope of authority.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as necessary for staff and management review and approval
- Prepare routine correspondence to customers as approved by management.
- Prepare and process claims with investors as approved by management.
- Complete monthly default status to Investors and Insurers as approved by management.
- Process past due payments for customers for collectors.
- Prepare and review check processing requests for approval and release by management.
- Interact with vendors for property preservation, foreclosure, bankruptcy and legal issues within risk parameters approved by management.
- Maintain electronic files including imagining documents and upgrading forms as necessary.
- Update and maintain dashboard reports for management.
- Prepare statistical reporting of department work product.
- Maintain secure records of confidential information in an organized fashion for management.
- Complete special projects as requested by management.
- Assist in review and decision borrower response packets when submitted for workout.
- Make outbound collection calls and follow-up calls as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular work schedule with a level of flexibility based on demand.
- Job responsibilities can change and expand as needed by the bank.
Work Direction: This position reports to the Mortgage Collections Manager.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal and external customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Basic accounting/math skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Good listening skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- Prior banking experience helpful.
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603