Residential Mortgage Loan Officer - 97th & Q St, Omaha, NE*
Department: Retail Mortgage Lending
Reports to: Residential Retail Mortgage Manager
Primary Job Purpose: Works with customers to originate residential mortgage loans and advises applicants on loan programs available that best fit their needs. Working outside of the office performing business development activities is expected and encouraged. Promotes West Gate Bank in the Lincoln and surrounding areas by engaging in and attending real estate related activities. Networks with referral sources to promote the Bank and its product offerings.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Relationship development with bankers, builders, realtors and other sources to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities.
- Solicits residential mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and other professionals and generates mortgage loans with contacts by selling the advantages of the Bank.
- Promotes the Bank and provides customer referrals with in the Bank.
- Participates in community organizations, activities and projects, when necessary.
- Originate investment quality mortgage loans (FHA, VA, conventional, non-conforming) by selling mortgage lending products and services to the realtor and home builder communities.
- Interview, counsel and prequalify loan applicants as well as quote, lock, and document loan pricing with customers consistent with the Bank’s policies.
- Work with support staff to complete loan processing for underwriting and closing. Ensure customer(s) and appropriate parties are communicated with during the loan decisioning process relative to status.
- Complete regular refresher and developmental training on products, consumer compliance, business development and other matters to best serve applicants.
- Customarily and regularly engaged away from the West Gate Bank performing essential functions of position.
Work Direction: This position reports to the Residential Retail Mortgage Manager.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal customers and bank correspondent personnel. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Education- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience- 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently at a fast pace to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Navigator and Encompass computer programs, a plus.
- Effective problem-solving/decision-making skills.
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to multi task.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with customers under circumstances requiring tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Ability to work under time constraints and pressure.
- Sales and business development aptitude.
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603