Operations Officer - Lincoln, NE*
Job Title: Operations Officer
Location: Lincoln, NE
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
FSLA Status: Non-exempt, Full-time*
Primary Job Purpose: The Operations Officer provides oversight to the deposit operations department and supports various operation functions within the bank. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). This is a hands-on position responsible for overseeing and leading certain Operations functions while promoting effective teamwork. This position assists the COO to ensure that operations’ activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists in all aspects of West Gate Bank’s operations functions including overdrafts, non-posts, stop payments, wire transfers, balancing, charge backs, bank to bank adjustments, customer adjustments, account verification and maintenance, research requests, subpoenas, garnishments, levy’s and OFAC.
- Support and assist data processing changes as it relates to our core system.
- Supports the operations area in several daily functions. This may include, but is not limited to, daily reports review, file maintenance and file maintenance review.
- Support all aspects of ACH, wire, and real-time payment processing.
- Recognizes and helps resolve operational disruptions with a sense of urgency, coordinating with internal associates and escalates with vendors and management, as appropriate.
- Monitor regulations that impact ACH, wires, and real-time payments to determine if all policies and procedures are being adhered to and identify when new processes should be developed.
- Helps develop and recommend new programs to improve efficiency, policies, operating procedures, and revision of internal standards under the direction of senior management.
- Assists with scheduling and planning disaster recovery tests and documentation. Coordinates remedial actions resulting from DR tests.
- Cross-training to cover other job duties for business continuity purposes. Ensures documented procedures are current as processes change.
- Assist with year-end processing, tax reporting and corrections.
- Assists with IRA and HSA Administration.
- Helps allocate resources to support new department projects or strategic initiatives. Works closely with other departments to assure seamless transition between old and new systems and procedures.
- Exercises judgment and discretion in decision-making ensuring alignment under the ultimate authority of the COO or senior management.
- Interacts with Compliance and examiners to assist in Bank reviews and examinations.
- Helps drive the achievement of strategic goals and objectives in support of Bank-wide strategies.
- Maintains knowledge and complies with all federal and state laws and regulations, and all established bank policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Work Direction: This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal and external customers. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position may have supervisory responsibilities depending upon experience
Affirmative Action: Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
- Minimum of 10 years bank operations experience required
- Working knowledge of bank operations including extensive knowledge and familiarity with state and federal regulations pertaining to deposit accounts and bank operations.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of payment products (ACH Payments and NACHA rules & Reg E)
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict management skills with the ability to represent the department in a positive and professional manner.
- Strategic and tactical thinker, with excellent leadership/managerial skills and decision-making ability.
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of people, being highly influential, collaborative, and effective.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to handle high volume workload, prioritize and function effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, both internally and with external customers and vendors.
- Ability to handle confidential information
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603