Mortgage Loan Processor - Omaha, NE
Department: Retail Mortgage Lending
Primary Job Purpose: To assist the Mortgage Loan Officer in the origination, processing and closing of all secondary market mortgage loans.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Process and close loans.
- Process loans on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in ensuring loans are within compliance parameters.
- Regular work schedule. Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Take and process applications.
- Close loans.
- Monitor loans ongoing for any necessary actions.
- Originate secondary market mortgage loans.
- Responsible for communicating with loan officer and customer the status of the file and need for file documentation to obtain loan approval
- Assist other divisions when needed.
- Analyze and assess all information including credit reports, appraisals, and financial statements for credit decisions.
Work Direction: This position reports to the Retail Mortgage Manager.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal customers and bank correspondent personnel. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years Secondary Mortgage experience preferred, including USDA, NIFA, FHA and VA funding.
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently at a fast pace to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Navigator and Encompass computer programs, a plus.
- Basic accounting/math skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people, both internally and with customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with Window-based computer programs.
Please fill out an application online or mail your resume to the address below.
P.O. Box 82603
Lincoln, NE 68501-2603