Correspondent Loan Processor - 6003 Old Cheney Rd, Lincoln, NE*
Without great employees, West Gate Bank® would be just another bank.
If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career where your skills and passions can benefit team members and customers, consider joining us at West Gate Bank. Whether you are looking for a new challenge or are ready to advance your talents in a different way, we encourage you to apply for a position that fits your goals. We offer:
- Full-time positions
- Part-time positions with flexible schedules
- On-the-job training
- Friendly work environment
- Tuition reimbursement for employees working more than 20 hours per week.†
West Gate Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Department: Secondary Lending
Reports to: Correspondent Processing Manager
Primary Job Purpose: Complete pre-underwriting and pre-purchasing audit reviews of credit files delivered by correspondent lenders.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Audit credit documentation for agency requirements (Conventional (FNMA), Rural Housing Development (USDA), Veteran’s Administration (VA), Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and WGB portfolio products)
- Complete regulatory compliance review
- Transpose application into loan origination system (LOS)
- Assist correspondent lenders with questions
- Responsible for maintaining banking and departmental policies and procedures
- Typical office tasks such as filing, copying, online account maintenance, form review, compliance checks, imaging, data entry, answering phones and other project oriented duties and responsibilities
- Work with loan staff in assisting with the loan application process
- Learn the mortgage lending and servicing processes and other banking procedures.
- Other job duties as needed
Work Direction: This position reports to the Correspondent Processing Manager.
Accountability: This position has access to and knowledge of the financial situation of customers. The utmost discretion and confidentiality must be exercised with all data.
Work Relationship: Regular contact with internal and external customers and bank correspondent personnel. Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner.
Supervision: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Onsite training provided to successful candidates
† West Gate Bank will reimburse, upon successful completion of eligible courses (B grade or better), a certain percentage of tuition costs, not to exceed a certain amount per credit hour for eligible graduate and undergraduate courses taken at an accredited college or university. Employees can be paid with a certain maximum per calendar year. Course(s) must be approved by your manager or Executive Committee Member prior to the course(s) start. Course(s) must be either relevant to the current job role, relevant to a position for which you are being trained or applied to a specific business related degree. If Employee voluntarily leaves employment with West Gate Bank within 12 months of the date of a tuition reimbursement, Employee agrees to repay to Employer the net paid amount of such reimbursement from the previous 12 months.
*Applicant must be able to fulfill entire shift on each day for consideration. Positions posted on our website are not temporary.